Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Blogs away...

So I'm now blogging. I feel like a quote out of context.

This past weekend I ventured for the first time on my own into the world of non-routine automotive maintenance. I've changed oil. I've changed filters. I've changed tires. But this weekend power steerings were dis- and re-mantled, v-belts were replaced, and manifolds were... unfolded. I felt like Tom Hanks in Castaway when he finally gets the fire going. Like the first caveguy who came back to the, well, cave and said, "...I call it the WHEEL!" New brakes are soon to follow. Jess said the grease was sexy. It was.

Self discovery. My Mom was right. Again. I'm pretty sure she once (or 73 times) told me I would regret quitting piano lessons, and here I am, regretting having quit piano lessons. I do bang out a few chords from time to time here at the Carder Ranch & Lounge, and most of the time my playing sounds eerily like my father's. For the record though, Mom, I don't regret not learning to play the trumpet.

7 Comments:

Blogger Randi said...

i regret not taking guitar lessons....but i guess i have the rest of my life still to do that huh? haha...now i just have to pick the damn thing up!

I will add you to my list of blogs!!! see ya at work!

11/02/2005 11:48 PM  
Blogger DC said...

Since your vehicle is the newest one there, which of mine did you experiment on? Welcome to the latest yuppie fad. You are a yuppie you know.

11/03/2005 4:40 AM  
Blogger Lori said...

Did you take piano from Brelsford on Brelsford?

I shoulda learned to play the gui-tar/I shoulda learned to play them drums...

11/03/2005 4:12 PM  
Blogger Mikey said...

Johnny,

You are a braver man than I. Maybe on my old 1973 Cutlass might I have attempted to change a spark plug or replace some brake pads. When you lifeted up the hood of that baby there were two things-a battery and an engine.

Looking under the hood of a modern car is both confusing and highly intimidating. Sure i know where the cars various juices go, but to begin to dismantle and unravel such a complex animal-I just dont have the stomach for it.

Bravo you brave man. And welcome to blog world. I'm glad your bloggin' I miss you a little less just knowing your out here like this. Love to the Misses and the children.

Mikey Boy

11/06/2005 6:18 AM  
Blogger E-Rog said...

I write from a land down under...

Brother, I'm in Oz with Kate but I just wanted to tell you seeing the word "grease" on the screen turns me on...

I'll shout at ya when we're back in L.A. Sing us a song, piano man...

11/06/2005 8:51 PM  
Blogger MrH said...

Welcome to blogging Mr. Miles. Congrats on your yuppie-dom and your car repair. It's never too late for those piano lessons!

11/07/2005 3:41 AM  
Blogger William said...

I am trying to find you. Probably coming to Vegas in February. email me Johnny- Wm Fisher

fisherw@ohiou.edu

10/23/2007 4:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home