Monday, November 07, 2005

What's in a name?

This is only my second week now and I've been labeled a "Hobo Blogger." Apparently a Hobo Blogger is one who only blogs every once in a while. Kinda comes and goes, if you will. Sorry DC, I think that makes you a Hobo as well. My friend, Randi (you can read one of her 27 or so blogs here - randi m) says one of her friends coined the phrase, and since I'm deathly afraid of being labeled something, I'm gonna do my best to stay current. And which is it that makes me a Yuppie, now, blogging or working on a car? Wow, I'm certainly deathly afraid of being a yuppie. This could be an issue.

Question. When does being "particular" about how you like things turn into Obsessive Compulsive Disorder? Like the way you eat. This came up at work today. When I eat something with sugar on the outside, like say a sugar cookie or some other tasty treat, I prefer, or rather I need to eat it with the sugar side down so that the sweetness of the sugar hits my tongue before it gets mixed up in the rest of the bite. Am I the only one here? And no, Eric, that's not the same as eating all of the topping off your pizza with a fork, then eating the saucy crust. That's just weird.

Pirates attacked a cruise ship off the coast of Somalia today. I'm sure there are all kinds of lessons to be learned here, the least of which maybe that there are actually still pirates sailing the seven seas. But let me just give a little word of advice. If your gonna go on a cruise, don't do it off the coast of Somalia.

I'm taking bets/suggestions on what to name the coming Miles child. Boy and girl names welcome.

5 Comments:

Blogger Randi said...

not good at names...my dogs are snickers, sammy (which used to be muttly) and shorty...haha....

nice to see you blogged again!

I am totally for the sugar side down, like i said this morning....its ruins the whole experience if you eat it the other way.....

11/07/2005 10:28 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

Working on a car....that's total rebellion. Yuppies don't work on cars, so you're cool there.

I think you gotta stick with old names.

Henry
Jackson
Sophia

11/08/2005 3:38 AM  
Blogger DC said...

Boy or Girl, the choice is obvious:

STEVE

11/08/2005 2:52 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

I guess I could add the family names to the pot:

Fred
Edgar
Gordon
Edmond
John (Taken)

Edith
Doris
Bertha
Sarah Kathurn
Zelma
Bertha
Daisy

And then there's always Blanch. :)

11/15/2005 6:07 AM  
Blogger Lori said...

Lloyd Dobler Miles, if it's a boy.

Do you have any suggestions for us? ;)

11/18/2005 5:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home